Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bye Bye Bacon...

Last night my wife told me she can't eat processed meats while she's pregnant. No hot dogs, roast beef, pastrami, salami, and worst of all, no bacon. I was a little sad for her. A second later, I was little sad for me because that means I get fewer bacon opportunities. A few seconds later, I was a little sad for progress. If you are over the age of say, 30, you can imagine what your mother might have been ingesting while you were in the womb. Most of us turned out okay anyway.

I'm all for being careful about diet and whatnot but some folks go too far. For example, this list just gets silly:

You Should Avoid Drinking Tap Water if Possible - People afraid of tap water really annoy me. These are the same folks who made Dan Brown a rich man.

You Should Avoid Stress - Okay, I'll just sit here in my sensory deprivation comfort bubble for nine months.

You Should Avoid Herpes - Always good advice, but W.T.F.

What are you gonna do?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so when I was pregnant with Alder my midwife talked a lot about eating. Processed foods are bad but there are some natural bacon producers. Also she gave me free reign at the GoodTimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when is Bacon a Processed food? Or Roast Beef for that matter? It's straight off the pig's stomach! If your child doesn't develop a taste for bacon in the womb, when will it happen. This is how pusilaminous little twits who are allergic to air are born.

    ReplyDelete