Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Situation..

Here's how I found myself deciding to write this blog:

I am a forty-ish married fella who fancies himself a writer. Four days ago my wife told me she is pregnant. We had been "trying" for a year. I dislike that word immensely. You're either doing what needs to be done, or you are not. And we did it. It just took a year for it to take. I have avoided anything to do with babies my entire adult life, so it didn't take long for me to realize that my learning curve is going to be steep. Hence my daily dive into what the internet has to say about childbirth and fatherhood.

Today we started talking about names. It might be too early, but I already have a favorite.

Here are two interesting baby name sites that are giving me ideas:

Baby Names

Parents Connect

And this site has a great timeline feature that helps me wrap my head around what's going on inside my wife's lady parts:

BabyCenter

No comments:

Post a Comment